mumbaicitysetu.org Process to Obtain Domicile/Resident Certificate in Maharashtra
A Domicile/Residence Certificate is very essential document for all purpose. It is the document which provides various facilities and human rights in Maharashtra state. This certificate is generally issued by the respective government authority for every citizen of Maharashtra state to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State by which it is being issued. This certificate is issued to those who prove that they have been continuously staying in the State for a period of 15 years. And also one can obtain various benefits under this certificate and some of these are furnished below :
- It avails preference in educational institution admission for Medical, Pharmacy & Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra
- It avails Driving Badge from Regional Transport Authorities
- It is useful to apply for Flat/Plots from Government Quota
- To get seats or reservation in engineering and medical colleges..
This is to be informed all the applicants that the prescribed application forms are easily available from the local authorities in Mumbai at Collector of Mumbai, Old Custom House, Fort, Mumbai – 400001, Ground floor, Single Window. Here you can get the application form and fill it in a prescribed format along with the important documents/enclosures copies.
- A Domicile Certificate can be obtained only in one State and those who obtain this certificate more than one State is an offence.
- The filled application forms should be duly signed by an applicant.
- You are suggested to produce all original documents at the time of submission of duplicate copies.
- All the documents must be attested by SEO / Gazetted Government Officers only in state.
An Application form to obtain the domicile certificate in Maharashtra can be download from the link: http://mumbaicitysetu.org/Forms/Domicile.pdf
Copy of school Leaving Certificate
Residence proof such as ration card, voter id card, electricity or telephone bill etc.
Copy of Date of birth Certificate
It is to e informed that if the applicant is less than 18 years then domicile certificate of father is mandatory
2 recent passport size photo of an applicant
Court fees stamp of Rs.5/-
Application form signed by an applicant
An affidavit for above documents