Process to Apply for Resident/ Domicile Certificate in Andhra Pradesh


Domicile Certificate

The Resident/Domicile Certificate is generally issued to obtain the various facilities. The main motive to issue the domicile certificate is to prove that the person is belongs to the particular state/UT and residing in a state for a specific period of time.Generally this Certificate is used as a residence

Generally this Certificate is used as a residence proof  to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational as well as govt service in a state and also those applicants applying for the private jobs can avail this certificate to get the job opportunity.

If an applicant is an Indian citizens and holding his own land in Andhra Pradesh state  is eligible to avail this certificate. And those women who are not originally belongs to Andhra Pradesh state but married to men who is permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh state are eligible to apply for this certificate.

One can apply for this certificate through the concerned authorities in a state. Revenue department officer will issue this certificate to an applicant. It is to be informed that the domicile certificate can be issued to only in one state. If any applicant will try to make more than one certificate will be punished by the state govt. 

An application form to obtain the domicile certificate can be obtained by its official website which is

Procedure to Apply

The application form will be filled in a  prescribed manner along with supportive documents list. The application forms will be available either online or from the local authorities, such as . the Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Tehsildar’s office/Revenue Department/District Collector’s Office, or any other concerned authority which is specified in the Andhra Pradesh state near to your residence area.

” Alternative Link for Procedure & Application Form Here »»»» Click Here

You are required to present your residence proof in the State for a specified minimum period of time and that will be the proof of your continuous reidence in Andhra Pradesh state.

All the necessary documents which are important to attach along with the form are given below. You need to provide your identity, attestation of the form by officers with the necessary authority, school certificates and the Tehsil Enquiry Report which is also required. For this certificate you also need to approach your nearest MRO department during working hours and apply for the process as furnished above.

Required Documents

Here you are required to prepare the necessary documents list which are very essential and needs to attach along with the application form and here they are highlighted below:

  • Residence Proof that you have been  permanent resident of the Andhra Pradesh state for minimum period of time.
  • Land Proof of  that state
  • Identification proof
  • School certificate
  • Tahsildar inquiry report

Revenue Divisional Officer & Sub-Divisional Magistrate Office Address:

Panagal Road, Nalgonda, Andhra Pradesh .Sub Divisional Magistrate, Sub Divisional Magistrate,Ram Bagh Colony, Ram Bagh Colony, Rangareddi District, Hyderabad.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

  1. K Shive Prakash Patro says

    My daughter born in Andhra Pradesh and my wife was born and brought up in Andhra Pradesh. Can I apply for domicile certificate of my daughter from Andhra Pradesh to avail the admission in engineering colleges as a local candidate. Please apprise me.
    At present we are residents of West Bengal but basically from Andhra Pradesh.

  2. debojyati koner says

    I was born in West Bengal but studied in Chattisgarh and my father job is in Mizoram ….from which state I would get my domisile and how??

  3. mahendra nadh says

    Sir I got a job in BSF. They’re asking domicile certificate. Some people say’s domicile and community,nativity & date of birth certificate are same…is it true?…if it is wrong tell me how to apply…..please respond is an urgent….

  4. shiba sankar pradhan says

    I have born in odisha .my education place in also odisha
    But my village is in Ap .
    Now for a govt job I want required a obc and a residental certificate .but our VRO(VILLAGE OFFICER)

  5. Dev says

    I am from Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh, I need to get Domicile/Residency Certificate. But when I consult with my region VRO, he said now they are not issuing this certificate.
    Please suggest me.